Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kennebunkport...


Maine was the destination of our first weekend away without the kids in 2 years. It was hard to leave, but we went up to celebrate the wedding of our friends Chris and Taylor. We have never been to Kennebunkport before, so I was unaware that the Bush Family has a summer home there. Quaint little place on the water. I'd take it ;) Anyway, apparently the Pres was in town for a wedding as well, located at their mansion. We took a drive by the mansion and saw the water surrounding the home, swarming with a small battle ship and many Secret Service boats. Reporters lined the streets waiting to get their shots. Me, I drove by like the paparazzi and shot out the window :)

We stayed at a great little B&B about a 1/2 mile from town, so it was great to be able to walk every where, stroller free. Although it was hazy most of the weekend, the weather held out through the wedding ceremony, pictures and social hour. Once we headed into the restaurant for dinner, down pour. Although I was a guest and not the hired photographer, I had a great time taking pictures. I really would love to get into wedding photography, and have actually turned a couple down, I just want to make sure I am prepared 100% for it. There is a big difference between the no pressure friend in the crowd with a camera and the paid photographer. I am planning on doing my first wedding next year, which I am really excited about.

The reception was held at a great restaurant called On The Marsh. My husband said it was the best wedding food he ever had. The night was followed up with drinks and dancing. Although I missed my kids, I was a nice birthday present to get away and spend some time with my hubby and celebrate the union of two great people and their wonderful families. We can't thank them enough for their kindness and generosity this weekend.

Best wishes Chris and Taylor!

1 comment:

1dozenraw said...

Melissa, your photos of my beautiful daughter, Taylor and her man Chris are absolutely terrific. And the one of me and Tay just thrilled me. I really am impressed with your work. I also loved the energy that you had at the wedding. You appeared to be enjoying yourself and that was great. Thanks so much. Kevin Burke.