Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Day At The Winery...

There was no better place to be on such a beautiful day then at Millbrook Vineyards & Winery, in Millbrook NY. The staff was very welcoming in allowing me and this Rhode Island family, on the grounds early in the morning so we could do our shoot here.

It is an absolutely beautiful and peaceful place to spend an afternoon. They host many functions, including weddings, right on the grounds, but are also set up for those who wish to come picnic next to the large pond.


I was very excited about this season, as I am all of them, but mostly because this family was traveling in from Rhode Island. When we talked a couple months back, it turns out the one day I had open, was the one day they could meet. We had talked so much on the phone, it was like seeing an old friend. These precious little girls looked some much alike, it was twins born 12 months apart.








After we finished our session, I actually stuck around to see the opening of winery. The tour was very educational and the tastings, were very yummy of coarse! It was having a hard time picking my favorite, but once I tried the 2006 Cabernet Franc, SOLD! I actually splurged on the 2005 Cabernet Franc Block Three East, which is a Gold Medal Winner.



No comments: