Saturday, May 10, 2008

I DID IT!!! My first 5K...

This was one of those personal goals I set for myself. Today I ran the Miles of Hope 5K run, a benefit to raise money for those in the Hudson Valley whom have been affected by breast cancer. I don't normally run for enjoyment, only for sports and the last time I played sports, college. The thought of running 3.2 miles straight...huh! Lucky for me, I have some super friends who wanted to join me and raise money for a good cause, and a hubby who was willing to sit back and watch the kiddies.

I did much better than I ever anticipated, 29:45. The people I ran with, stranger or friend, all supported one another and cheered each other on. It was a great event to be apart of.

Afterwards, they had a great family event set up with face painting, raffles, Starbucks (yum), ice cream and massage. Yes, massage!! I got a great 5 minute massage from Heather Horton, made me want to float like a cloud off the table.

Tomorrow, I am off to hang with my boys.

Happy Mother's Day!!!

No comments: