Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Looking for Preemie Clothing Donations...

One of my fellow mommies is a nurse for Vassar Brothers Hospital, in their NICU unit. The NICU at Vassar has grown so much in the past couple of years, that they are out growing their space. Some of these babies are born 1-3 lbs each and could spend months in NICU. I got a first hand look at the NICU unit when my friend gave birth to her triplets.

I told my fellow mommy, I would help her out in looking for Preemie clothing donations for these wee ones. If you have Preemie clothes you are no longer in need of, please contact me and I will make arrangements to get them from you.

Thank You!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I found your site googling where I could donate our preemie clothes. Our little girl was born 5 weeks early. She is still in some of her preemie outfits (she's only 4 weeks) but I have been trying to find a place to donate her clothes. We know they're not easy to find. We were fortunate in that she was totally healthy and able to room with us so my sister was able to go shopping for clothes for her relaxed. I can't imagine living in the NICU and having to think about clothes for your baby. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any organization or hospital locally that accepts the clothes. They have been worn a few times but have been cleaned. Is this something your NICU would be interested in? Best,
Jen